First Published on May 13, 2021 || Last Updated on May 13, 2021 by Prashant Chaturvedi
13 May 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc. A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 13 May 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 13 May 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
13 May 2021 Current Affairs
Padmakumar M Nair appointed CEO of NARCL.
- Padmakumar M Nair of State Bank of India (SBI) will be the chief executive of National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL), a proposed entity for taking over bad loans of lenders, predominantly public sector banks.
- NARC, also called a ‘bad’ bank, is expected to be operational in June 2021.
Cabinet approved transfer of land of ITBP to Government of Uttarakhand for development of Aerial Passenger Ropeway System.
- The Union Cabinet approved transfer of 1500 square metres of land belonging to Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) at Mussoorie to the State Government of Uttarakhand for their infrastructure project, namely, ‘Aerial Passenger Ropeway System’ between Dehradun and Mussoorie.
- The proposed Ropeway is a mono-cable ropeway of 5580 meters length under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode between Purkul Gaon, Dehradun (Lower Terminal Station) and Library, Mussoorie (Upper Terminal Station) being constructed at an estimated cost of Rs.285 crore with a carrying capacity of 1000 persons per hour per direction.
- This will considerably reduce the traffic flow on road route from Dehradun to Mussoorie.
Cabinet approved Production Linked Incentive scheme “National Programme on Advanced Chemistry Cell Battery Storage”.
The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of Department of Heavy Industry for implementation of the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme ‘National Programme on Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) Battery Storage’ for achieving manufacturing capacity of Fifty (50) Giga Watt Hour (GWh) of ACC and 5 GWh of “Niche” ACC with an outlay of Rs.18,100 crore.
MoUs and Agreements
Cabinet approves Memorandum of Understanding between Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Qatar Financial Centre Authority.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and Qatar Financial Centre Authority (QFCA).
- The MoU would enhance cooperation between the Institutes to work together to strengthen the Accounting profession and entrepreneurship base in Qatar.