15 June 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 15 June 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 15 June 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
15 June 2021 Current Affairs includes New Appointments, Awards and Honours, Banking News, Defence News, National News, International News, Sports News, State News and Miscellaneous News.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
15 June 2021 Current Affairs
Naftali Bennett takes oath as Israel’s new Prime Minister.
- Naftali Bennett is an Israeli politician serving as the 13th and current prime minister of Israel since 13 June 2021.
- He served as minister of diaspora affairs from 2013 to 2019, as minister of education from 2015 to 2019 and as minister of defense from 2019 to 2020.
World Blood Donor Day observed every year on 14th June.
- Every year on 14th June countries around the world celebrate the day to raise awareness for the need of safe blood and blood products for transfusion and recognise the importance of voluntary, unpaid blood donors in saving lives.
- The day is celebrated on the Birth Anniversary of Austrian biologist and physician Karl Landsteiner. He is considered to be the founder of modern blood transfusion.
- This year the WHO has released the slogan ‘Give blood and keep the world beating’.
NHPC signs Memorandum of Understanding with Bihar State Hydroelectric Power Corporation (BSHPC).
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between NHPC Limited and Bihar State Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited (BSHPC) for Implementation of 130.1 MW Dagmara HE Project, Dist. Supaul, Bihar on 14th June 2021.
- The 130.1 MW Dagmara HE Project, the largest hydropower project of Bihar is to be implemented by NHPC on ownership basis.
- NHPC is a Category-A Miniratna Company under Ministry of Power, Govt. of India in the field of Hydropower.
- Currently, NHPC has 24 operational power stations with a total installed capacity of 7071 MW.
Centre Allocates Rs 3,183 Crore To Andhra Pradesh Under Jal Jeevan Mission In 2021-22.
- To translate Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of providing clean tap water to every household, Union Government has increased the Central grant to Andhra Pradesh under the Jal Jeevan Mission in the year 2021-22 to Rs 3,182.88 Crore, which was Rs 790.48 Crore in 2020-21.
- At the start of the Mission in 2019, out of a total of 19.20 Crore rural households in the country, only 3.23 Crore (17%) had tap water supply. During the last 21 months, despite Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown disruptions, Jal Jeevan Mission, has been implemented with speed and 4.29 Crore households have been provided with piped connections.
- With the increase in coverage by 22%, presently 7.52 Crore (39.22%) rural households across the country have tap water supply.
IIT Ropar develops nation’s first power-free CPAP device ‘Jivan Vayu’.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar has developed a device ‘Jivan Vayu’ which can be used as a substitute of CPAP machine.
- However, this is Nation’s first such device which functions even without electricity and is adapted to both kinds of oxygen generation units like O2 cylinders and oxygen pipelines in hospitals.
- These provisions are not available in otherwise existing CPAP machines.
Madhya Pradesh govt to launch ‘Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan’.
- In Madhya Pradesh, ‘Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan’ means free from corona with the help of a youth power campaign will be launched to make people aware about the COVID pandemic.
- In the Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan, college teachers and around 16 lakh students will be made aware of corona infection by learning Covid appropriate behavior and vaccination.
- This campaign will be run by the Higher Education and Technical Education Department in collaboration with the Public Health and Family Welfare Department.
Category Wise Current Affairs