First Published on May 18, 2021 || Last Updated on May 22, 2021 by Prashant Chaturvedi
18 May 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc. A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 18 May 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 18 May 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
18 May 2021 Current Affairs
Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank receives ‘International Invincible Gold Medal’.
- International Invincible Gold Medal of this year has been conferred on Union Education Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
- Dr. Nishank has been recognised for his extraordinary commitment and outstanding service to humanity through his writings, social and illustrious public life.
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day observed on 17th May.
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is being observed on 17th May 2021.
- The day is observed to raise awareness about the use of the internet as it can bridge the gap between society and economies and the digital divide.
- World Telecommunication Day has been celebrated annually on 17th May since 1969.
- World Telecommunication Day 2021 theme is “Accelerating digital transformation in challenging times”.
China bars foreign curriculum and foreign ownership in private schools.
- China’s State Council has announced tough new laws halting the teaching of foreign curriculum in schools from kindergarten to grade nine (K-9) and prohibiting the ownership or control of any private K-9 schools by foreign entities.
- China President: Xi Jinping
- China Capital: Beijing
First batch of DRDO’s anti- COVID drug 2-deoxy-D-glucose released.
- The first batch of the drug 2-deoxy-D-glucose has been released for Covid patients on 17th May 2021.
- The first batch was released by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Harshvardhan.
- The drug has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization, DRDO which recently got the approval for emergency use from the Drugs Controller General of India, DCGI.
- DRDO Chief: G. Satheesh Reddy
- DRDO Headquarter: New Delhi
Nagaland’s First PSA oxygen generation plant at NHAK becomes operational.
- In Nagaland, the first Pressure Swing Adsorption, PSA oxygen generation plant at Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima, NHAK became operational.
- The Centre has allotted three Oxygen plants under PM CARES Fund in Kohima, Dimapur and Mokokchung.
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Mr. S. Pangyu Phom inaugurated the oxygen plant.
- Nagaland Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio
- Nagaland Governor: RN Ravi
- Nagaland Capital: Kohima
Category Wise Current Affairs