20 May 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 20 May 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 20 May 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
20 May 2021 Current Affairs
Indian Navy designed Oxygen Recycling System to mitigate current oxygen crisis.
- Indian Navy has designed an Oxygen Recycling System, ORS to mitigate the current oxygen crisis.
- The Diving School of the Southern Naval Command of the Indian Navy has conceptualised and designed the System to alleviate the existing Oxygen shortage.
- Indian Navy Chief: Admiral Karambir Singh
Additional food grains at 5 kgs per person per month being provided free of cost to NFSA beneficiaries for May and June under PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, additional food grains at five kilograms per person per month is being provided free of cost to NFSA beneficiaries for the months of May and June.
- Lakshadweep has lifted full allocation of food grains from Food Corporation of India depots for May and June.
- Till 17 May 2021, 15 States and Union Territories had lifted 100 per cent allocation for May.
- These include Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Ladakh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Tripura.
- All the States and Union Territories had lifted over 31 Lakh Metric Tonnes of food grains till 17 May 2021.
- Consumer Affairs Minister: Piyush Goyal
American actor Charles Grodin passed away.
- Charles Grodin, an American actor whose comic roles in films such as Midnight Run and Beethoven passed away. He was 86.
- He won best actor at the 1988 Valladolid International Film Festival for his role in Midnight Run.
- US President: Joe Biden
- US Capital: Washington DC
- US Currency: Dollar
Rajasthan declares Mucormycosis as epidemic.
- Mucormycosis (black fungus) has been declared an epidemic in Rajasthan.
- The number of cases of this disease are increasing in the state which primarily affects people recovering from Covid.
- Mucormycosis has been notified as an epidemic and a notifiable disease in the state under the Rajasthan Epidemic Act 2020.
- Rajasthan Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Rajasthan Chief Minster: Ashok Gehlot
- Rajasthan Capital: Jaipur
Johnson & Johnson joins hands with Telangana firm for manufacturing Janssen Covid-19 vaccine.
- US pharmaceutical company Johnson and Johnson has joined hands with Telangana-based Biological E Limited for the manufacturing of COVID-19 vaccine.
- The vaccine named, Janssen Covid-19 is currently approved in US, Europe and other nations including Thailand and South Africa.
- Telangana Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Telangana Chief Minister: K.C. Rao
- Telangana Capital: Hyderabad
Category Wise Current Affairs