21 May 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 21 May 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 21 May 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
21 May 2021 Current Affairs
Pinarayi Vijayan took oath and assumed charge as CM of Kerala.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan took oath and assumed charge on 20th May 2021. The ruling Left Democratic Front has retained power breaking the four decade old convention of LDF and UDF alternating the power in the State.
- The 21-member cabinet took the oath of office administered by the Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan at the Central Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram.
Awards and Honours
Bangladesh Independence Award 2021.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina gave away the highest civilian award of Bangladesh ‘Swadhinta Puraskar 2021’ also known as Independence Award to nine individuals and a research organisation on 20th May 2021.
- The Independence Award is conferred on people or organisations for their outstanding contribution to the Liberation War of Bangladesh, Science and Technology, literature and Culture among others.
- The award for the year 2021 included four posthumous awards given to AKM Bazlur Rahman, Shaheed Ahsanullah Master, Brigadier General Khurshid Uddin Ahmed, and Akhtaruzzaman Chowdhury Babu for their contribution to independence and the War of Liberation.
- Dr. Mrinmoy Guha Neogi received the honour for his contribution to Science and Technology while Mohadeb Saha was bestowed with the award for his contribution to the field of literature.
- Ataur Rahman and Gazi Mazharul Anwar got the award for Culture and Prof. M Amjad Hossain for Social Work.
- Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council received the award in the research and training category.
- The award has been given since 1977. It is announced ahead of the Independence Day of Bangladesh.
- The recipients of the award get a gold medal and a cash reward of Taka 5 lakh.
INS Rajput to be decommissioned on 21 May 21.
- On the 21st of May, a glorious era will come to an end with the decommissioning of the first destroyer of the Indian Navy – INS Rajput.
- INS Rajput, the lead ship of the Kashin-class destroyers built by the erstwhile USSR was commissioned on 04 May 1980 and has rendered yeoman service to the Indian Navy for over 41 years.
- INS Rajput will now be decommissioned at a solemn ceremony at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
World Bee Day observed every year on 20th May.
- World Bee Day observed every year on 20th May
- On the occasion of the fourth observance of this International Day, FAO is organizing a virtual event on 20 May 2021.
- World Bee Day 2021 theme is “Bee engaged – Build Back Better for Bees”.
Income Tax Dept to launch its new e-filing portal on 7th of June.
- The Income Tax Department will launch its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June.
- The new e-filing portal is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers.
- The portal is integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns ITRs to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
51st virtual Indian Handicrafts & Gift Fair of Delhi inaugurated.
- The 51st edition of virtual Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair, IHGF of Delhi was inaugurated on 20th May 2021.
- The fair is the India’s largest Virtual Fair in the Home, Fashion, Lifestyle, Textiles and Furniture sector.
Agriculture Minister launches Honey Testing Laboratory Project on the Occasion of World Bee Day.
- On the occasion of World Bee Day and in the auspicious context of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched the project of setting up of a honey testing laboratory at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Pusa, New Delhi.
Former Urdu newsreader of AIR and recipient of SAARC Literature Award in 2014, Dr. Tarannum Riyaz passed away.
- The former Urdu newsreader of All India Radio and recipient of SAARC Literature Award in 2014, Dr. Tarannum Riyaz passed away in New Delhi.
- She was 59.
Germany’s World Cup winner midfielder Sami Khedira announces retirement.
- World cup winner Sami Khedira will retire from Football when the Bundesliga season finishes this weekend.
- The 34-year-old started his career at Stuttgart, where he won the 2007 Bundesliga title.
- He joined Real Madrid after the 2010 World Cup finals.
BCCI announces annual contracts for women’s cricket team.
- Indian Women’s Cricket Team T20 Skipper Harmanpreet Kaur, Vice-Captain Smriti Mandhana and Poonam Yadav have been retained in Grade ‘A’ of the annual player contract announced by BCCI.
- One-Day International Skipper Mithali Raj is in Grade ‘B’ along with veteran pace bowler Jhulan Goswami.
- Three players, opener Shafali Verma, Punam Raut and Rajeshwari Gayakwad, have been promoted to Grade ‘B’ from Grade ‘C’.
Tamil Nadu govt declared Mucormycosis as a notified disease.
- The Tamil Nadu Government has declared Mucormycosis as a notified disease on 20th May 2021.
- State health Secretary: Dr. Radhakrishnan
Category Wise Current Affairs