22 May 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 22 May 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 22 May 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
22 May 2021 Current Affairs
Biswajit Daimary elected unopposed as Speaker of Assam Assembly.
- Biswajit Daimary has been elected unopposed as the Speaker of the Assam Assembly.
- A former Bodoland People’s Front leader Mr. Daimary joined the BJP last year.
- Born in 1971, he was first elected to state assembly in 2001.
- Later he became Rajya Sabha member thrice.
INS Rajput Decommissioned after 41 years.
- The Indian Navy’s first destroyer INS Rajput was decommissioned here on 21st May 2021 at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam after serving the nation for 41 glorious years.
- The ship was decommissioned in a solemn and low key event due to the ongoing COVID Pandemic when the National Flag, Naval Ensign, and the Decommissioning Pennant were lowered at sunset time in the presence of Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh, AVSM, VSM Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Eastern Naval Command, the Chief Guest for the ceremony.
- INS Rajput was commissioned on 04 May 1980, at Poti, Georgia (erstwhile USSR), as the lead ship of the Rajput Class Destroyers of the Indian Navy with Capt (later Vice Admiral) Gulab Mohanlal Hiranandani as the first Commanding Officer.
Anti Terrorism Day is observed every year on 21st May.
- Anti Terrorism Day is observed every year on May 21, the death anniversary of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- In 1991, on this day he was assassinated by terrorists while campaigning for the Congress party at Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu.
US President Joe Biden signs anti-hate crime legislation.
- United States President Joe Biden has signed an anti-hate crime legislation yesterday, directing federal law enforcement to address a rise in violent attacks against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders during the coronavirus pandemic in the USA.
- The new law seeks to speed up the Justice Department’s review of anti-Asian hate crimes, and designates an official at the department to oversee the effort.
World Bank approves 600 million US Dollars for two projects in Bangladesh.
- The World Bank on Friday approved 600 million US Dollars for two projects in Bangladesh to help over 1.75 million poor and vulnerable people in the country.
- The 300 million-Dollar Accelerating and Strengthening Skills for Economic Transformation (ASSET) Project will equip more than one million youth and workers with skills needed for the future of work. The project will also support industries to retrain their workers during and after the pandemic and thus accelerate recovery.
- The 300 million-Dollar Resilience, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Improvement (RELI) Project will help improve the livelihoods of about 7,50,000 poor and vulnerable rural people across 3,200 villages in 20 districts.
- The project will also provide immediate and tailored livelihood support to rural people for responding to urgent needs such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
N S Tomar launches National Mobile Monitoring Software app.
- Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on 21st May 2021 launched National Mobile Monitoring Software, NMMS app and Area officer monitoring App through Video-Conferencing.
- The NMMS App permits taking real time attendance of workers at Mahatma Gandhi NREGA worksites along with geotagged photograph, which will increase citizen oversight of the programme besides potentially enabling processing payments faster.
Noted Environmentalist Sunderlal Bahuguna passed away.
- Noted Environmentalist, Chipko Movement founder, Padma Vibhushan awardee Sunderlal Bahuguna passed away in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
- Conferred with the Padma Vibhushan and many other honours for his pioneering work in the field of environment protection, Bahuguna also led the protests against the construction of the Tehri dam.
- He had observed an 84-day fast and got his head tonsured in protest against the project which displaced a huge population rendering them homeless.
DRDO develops antibody detection-based kit ‘DIPCOVAN’.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO has developed an antibody detection-based kit ‘DIPCOVAN’, the DIPAS-VDx COVID-19 IgG Antibody Microwell ELISA for sero-surveillance.
- The kit will be very useful for understanding COVID‐19 epidemiology and assessing an individual’s previous SARS‐CoV‐2 exposure.
- The kit can detect both spike as well as nucleocapsid proteins of SARS-CoV-2 virus with a high sensitivity of 97 per cent and specificity of 99 per cent.
Rahul Dravid to coach Indian limited-overs team.
- Former India skipper Rahul Dravid will coach the Indian limited-overs team that will play a six-game series against Sri Lanka in July.
- This will be his second stint with the Indian team after working with the boys as batting consultant during the England tour in 2014.
Mizoram receives 150 Oxygen Concentrators donated by WHO.
- Mizoram government today received 150 Oxygen Concentrators donated by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Dr Lalhlimpuii, WHO, India Surveillance Medical Officer, handed over the concentrators to the Health Minister Dr R.Lalthangliana.
Gujarat govt declares Mucormycosis disease as epidemic.
- The Gujarat government has declared Mucormycosis disease as epidemic.
- This decision was taken in a core group meeting chaired by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- The Mucormycosis disease also known as Black Fungus has been declared an epidemic under the Epidemic Disease Act 1857.
Category Wise Current Affairs