27 May 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 27 May 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 27 May 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
27 May 2021 Current Affairs
NR Congress legislator Lakshmi Narayanan takes Oath as Pro-tem speaker of Puducherry Assembly.
- In the Union Territory of Puducherry, the NR Congress legislator Lakshmi Narayanan took Oath as the Pro-tem speaker of the 15th Legislative Assembly.
- Lieutenant Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan administered the oath of office to Mr. Lakshmi Narayanan and he took charge officially today.
Amazon acquired James Bond owner MGM for 8.45 billion dollars.
- Amazon.com acquired MGM, the fabled US movie studio home to the James Bond franchise, for 8.45 billion US Dollars.
- The deal will give Amazon a huge library of films and TV shows and ramp up competition with streaming rivals led by Netflix and Disney.
- The acquisition is Amazon’s second-biggest after Whole Foods Market, which it bought for 13.7 billion US Dollars in 2017.
- Privately-held MGM, or Metro Goldwyn Mayer, was founded in 1924, owns the Epix cable channel and makes popular TV shows including Fargo, Vikings and Shark Tank. MGM also has a massive library of classic films including Rocky, Moonstruck, and The Silence of the Lambs.
Mali’s President, PM resign after arrests by military.
- Mali’s interim President and Prime Minister resigned on 26 May 2021, two days after they were arrested by the military.
- Soldiers led by interim Vice President Assimi Goita, had arrested President Bah Ndaw and Prime Minister Moctar Ouane and taken them to a military base.
PFRDA crosses Rs 6 lakh crore AUM.
- The pension Assets Under Management (AUM), under Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority, PFRDA has crossed six lakh crore rupees.
- Subscribers’ contribution to National Pension Scheme and Atal Pension Yojana has built up six lakh crore rupees of pension assets after 13 years.
Mohali International Hockey Stadium dedicated to legendary centre-forward Balbir Singh Senior.
- The Mohali International Hockey Stadium in Punjab was dedicated to legendary centre-forward Balbir Singh Senior at a formal ceremony on his first death anniversary.
- Balbir was part of the Indian teams that won gold at the 1948 London Olympics, Helsinki 1952 and Melbourne 1956.
- His record for most individual goals scored in an Olympic men’s hockey final remains unbeaten.
- He had set this record when he scored five goals in India’s 6-1 win over the Netherlands in the gold medal match of the 1952 Games.
Hansi Flick to take charge as German national football team coach.
Former Bayern Munich coach Hansi Flick will take charge as German national team coach once Joachim Loew quits after Euro 2020.
The agreement will be valid until after Euro 2024, which is set to take place in Germany.
Tamil Nadu CM orders that all online classes taken by teachers should be recorded.
- Tamilnadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin has ordered that all online classes taken by teachers should be recorded. Referring to a recent incident where a teacher was arrested in POCSO act.
Jammu and Kashmir achieves milestone of NABL accreditation of Food Testing Laboratories.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Food Testing Laboratories at Jammu and Srinagar have achieved accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) as mandated under Section 43 of Food Safety & Standards Act 2006.
- The Food Laboratory Jammu was granted NABL Accreditation in the month of March 2021 while the Food Laboratory Srinagar has been accorded NABL Accreditation on 22nd May, 2021.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan transfers Rs. 112. 81 crore under COVID-19 assistance scheme into account of Rs. 11. 28 lakh construction workers.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan transferred the amount of Rs. 112. 81 crore under the COVID-19 assistance scheme into the account of Rs. 11. 28 lakh construction workers of the state.
- The state Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Choauhan decided to implement ‘Mukhya Mantri Covid-19 Anukampa Niyukti Yojana’ to provide compassionate appointment to eligible dependents of those who died while serving in government service during COVID-19 pandemic including daily wage earners, ad hoc , contractual.
Category Wise Current Affairs