First Published on May 28, 2021 || Last Updated on May 28, 2021 by Prashant Chaturvedi
28 May 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 28 May 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 28 May 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
28 May 2021 Current Affairs
IB and RAW chief get one year extension.
- The Appointments committee of the Cabinet has approved a one year extension to both Chief of the country’s premier intelligence agency – Intelligence Bureau ( IB) and Research & Analysis Wing ( R&AW).
- IB Director Arvinda Kumar’s tenure has been extended by one year till June 30 next year. Similarly, R&AW Secretary Samant Kumar Goel will also continue in office till June 30 next year.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launches SeHAT OPD Portal.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh today launched the ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation (SeHAT) OPD Portal via video conferencing.
- The Portal will help the Armed Forces in providing tele-medicine services.
Bangladesh approves emergency use of Pfizer-BioNTech Covid vaccine.
- The Directorate General of Drug Administration (DGDA) of Bangladesh on 27th May 2021 gave approval for the emergency use of the COVID 19 vaccine Pfizer-BioNTech produced by the American Pfizer and German BioNTech companies .
- This is the fourth COVID 19 vaccine approved for use in Bangladesh. Earlier, the government had approved the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine produced by the Serum Institute of India (SII), Russian Sputnik V and the Chinese Sinopharm vaccines.
Wardha-based Genetik Lifesciences produces Amphotericin B injection for black fungus infection.
- The Wardha-based Genetik Lifesciences has produced the Amphotericin B injection for the black fungus infection during the Covid-19 period.
- This initiative was led by the Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari, Genetik Lifesciences will sell this injection at 1,200 rupees.
- It is set to produce 20,000 injections on a daily basis in its plant.
Achinta Sheuli bags silver medal (73 kg) at Junior World Weightlifting Championships 2021 in Tashkent.
- Indian weightlifter Achinta Sheuli ended with the silver medal in the men’s 73 kilogram category at the Junior World Weightlifting Championships 2021 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan on 26th May 2021.
Uttar Pradesh govt imposed Essential Services Maintenance Act in state.
- Uttar Pradesh government has imposed Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) in state. The act will be imposed for next 6 months.
- The Uttar Pradesh Essential Services Maintenance Act, 1966, prohibits strikes by employees in a long list of essential services like railway, airport, post and telegraph.
- It also bans the strike in government departments, government run corporations and development authorities.
Category Wise Current Affairs