29 May 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 29 May 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 29 May 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
29 May 2021 Current Affairs
Prof CNR Rao receives Eni Award 2020 for renewable energy research.
- Bharat Ratna Professor C.N.R. Rao has received the International Eni Award 2020 for research into renewable energy sources and energy storage.
- It is also called the Energy Frontier award.
- This is considered to be the Nobel Prize in Energy Research.
UN honours 8 fallen peacekeepers from Bangladesh.
- The United Nations honoured 8 fallen peacekeepers from Bangladesh posthumously with the ‘Dag Hammarskjold Medal’. Bangladesh Permanent Representative to UN Ambassador Rabab Fatima received the award on behalf of Bangladesh.
- 124 fallen peacekeepers from 44 nations received the award for laying down their lives during peacekeeping operations in 2020.
- Out of the 8 Bangladeshi peacekeepers who lost their lives, 4 were killed in Congo, 2 in Central African Republic and one each in South Sudan and Mali.
Amnesty International Day being observed today (28 May 2021).
- Amnesty International was founded in London in 1961, following the publication of the article “The Forgotten Prisoners” in The Observer 28th of May 1961, by the lawyer Peter Benenson.
- Citing the Universal Declaration of Human Rights articles 18 and 19, it announced a campaign on “Appeal for Amnesty, 1961” and called for common action.
- Amnesty International is a non-governmental organisation focused on human rights with over three million members and supporters around the world.
- The organisation was awarded the 1977 Nobel Peace Prize for its campaign against torture and the United Nations Prize in the Field of Human Rights in 1978.
Ayush Minister launches Ayush Clinical Case Repository portal and 3rd version of Ayush Sanjivani App.
- Ayush Minister Kiren Rijiju on 28th May 2021 launched the Ayush Clinical Case Repository portal and the third version of Ayush Sanjivani App in a virtual event.
- The Ayush Clinical Repository portal will serve as a platform to support both Ayush practitioners and general public.
- This portal aims at aggregating information about clinical outcomes achieved by Ayush practitioners on a large scale.
India becomes 2nd country after US to administer over 20 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Over 20.54 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered so far in the country.
- On Day-132 of the vaccination drive on 27th May 2021, more than 26.58 lakh Vaccine Doses have administered till 7 PM.
Puducherry LG launches intensified vaccination programme.
- In the Union Territory of Puducherry, with the aim to achieve 100 per cent COVID vaccination, Lieutenant Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan launched an intensified vaccination programme.
- As a major step Lieutenant Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan inaugurated a special vaccination drive in Pudukuppam village in Sembiampakkam Gram Panchayat.
Manipur CM launches MHIM Mobile App for home isolation patients.
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh launched Manipur Home Isolation Management (MHIM) Mobile Application for home isolation patients.
- The Mobile App has been developed with a mission to avail real time health data and information of Home Isolation COVID-19 patients at monitoring level. With this App, patients can upload their health status including Pulse rate, SPo2, Body Temperature and Blood Pressure among others using fixed parameters at fixed intervals as set by the Health Department from time to time.
Category Wise Current Affairs