First Published on June 3, 2021 || Last Updated on June 3, 2021 by Prashant Chaturvedi
3 June 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 3 June 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 3 June 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
3 June 2021 Current Affairs
Justice A.K. Mishra appointed as the chairman of NHRC.
- Former Supreme Court judge Arun Kumar Mishra appointed as the new chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- He will replace HL Dattu.
Adar Poonawalla appointed as chairman of Magma Fincorp.
- Magma Fincorp has appointed Adar Poonawalla as its chairman as part of a management overhaul following the Poonawala-controlled Rising Sun Holdings acquiring a controlling stake in it.
- Rising Sun invested Rs 3,456 crore in the non-bank lender earlier this month.
- Magma will soon be rebranded as Poonawalla Group company.
- Magma also appointed Abhay Bhutada as MD & Vijay Deshwal as CEO.
Justice Vikramjit Sen appointed as the chairman of DMCRC.
- The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) announced the appointment of former Supreme Court Judge Vikramjit Sen as the Chairman of its newly formed self-regulatory body Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC).
- DMCRC is formed as per the mandate of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021.
- The move was done to bring together the broadcasters and OTT (over-the-top) platforms.
Union Cabinet approved Memorandum of Understanding between India and Maldives on cooperation in the field of sustainable urban development.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India and Ministry of National Planning, Housing and Infrastructure, Government of Maldives on cooperation in the field of Sustainable Urban Development. The MoU was signed in February, 2021.
- The MoU will promote strong, deep and long-term bilateral cooperation in the field of Sustainable Urban Development between the two countries.
- The MoU is expected to create employment in the areas of sustainable urban development including Urban Planning, Smart Cities Development, Solid waste management, Affordable housing, Urban Green Mobility, Urban Mass Rapid Transport, Smart Cities Development.
Union Cabinet approved Signing and Ratification of an Agreement on “Cooperation in the field of Mass Media” between all the Member States of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing and ratification of an Agreement on “Cooperation in the field of Mass Media” between all the Member States of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation. The Agreement was signed in June, 2019.
- The Agreement shall promote equal and mutually beneficial cooperation among associations in the field of Mass Media. Each Side shall, on the basis of reciprocity, facilitate the activities thereby ensuring equity.
- The Agreement would provide an opportunity for the Member States to share best practices and new innovations in the field of Mass Media.
Union Cabinet approved Memorandum of Understanding between India and Argentine Republic on cooperation in the field of Mineral Resources.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to be signed between the Ministry of Mines, Government of India and the Secretariat of Mining Policy of the Ministry of Productive Development of the Argentine Republic.
- The MoU will provide an institutional mechanism for cooperation in the field of Mineral Resources.
- The objectives of the MoU are to strengthen the activities involved like cooperation for encouraging minerals exploration and development, including extraction, mining and beneficiation of lithium; possibilities of forming joint venture in the field of base metals, critical and strategic minerals for mutual benefit.
Union Cabinet approved Memorandum of Cooperation between India and Japan in the field of sustainable urban development.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on Sustainable Urban Development between the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Government of India and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Government of Japan, in supersession of existing MoU of 2007 on Urban Development.
- The MoC will promote strong, deep and long-term bilateral cooperation in the field of Sustainable Urban Development between the two countries.
Union Cabinet approved Model Tenancy Act for circulation to the States/Union Territories for adoption.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Model Tenancy Act for circulation to all States / Union Territories for adaptation by way of enacting fresh legislation or amending existing rental laws suitably.
- It will help overhaul the legal framework with respect to rental housing across the country, which would help spur its overall growth.
- The Model Tenancy Act aims at creating a vibrant, sustainable and inclusive rental housing market in the country. It will enable creation of adequate rental housing stock for all the income groups thereby addressing the issue of homelessness. Model Tenancy Act will enable institutionalisation of rental housing by gradually shifting it towards the formal market.
World Health Assembly adopts decision to recognize 30 January as World NTD Day.
- 74th World Health Assembly endorsed a decision recognizing 30 January as World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day (‘World NTD Day’).
- World NTD Day commemorates the simultaneous launch of the first NTD road map and the London Declaration on NTDs on 30 January 2012.
Telangana celebrated its statehood day on 2nd June.
- The state of Telangana was officially formed on 2 June 2014. Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao was elected as the first chief minister of Telangana.
- Telangana Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Telangana Chief Minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Telangana Capital: Hyderabad
WHO names Covid-19 variants first found in India as ‘Kappa’ and ‘Delta’.
- The UN health agency, World Health Organisation (WHO), has given easy-to-say labels to two variants of the Covid-19, first found in India.
- The two variants are B.1.617.1 and B.1.617.2.
- The B.1.617.1 variant of the Covid 19 has been named as ‘Kappa’ while the B1.617.2 variant is named as ‘Delta.’
Jharkhand, Odisha and Gujarat are top 3 contributors to Oxygen Express deliveries.
- Indian Railways has delivered more than 23741 MT of LMO in more than 1405 tankers to various states across the country.
- 344 Oxygen Expresses have completed their journey so far and brought relief to various States.
- Oxygen Expresses loaded 8025 MT LMO from Jharkhand, 7102 MT from Odisha, 6384 MT from Gujarat, 1360 from West Bengal, 488 MT from Maharashtra, 218 MT from Chhattisgarh and 164 MT from Andhra Pradesh for delivery across the country.
Nitish Kumar announced 33 % reservation for girl students in engineering & medical colleges.
- In Bihar, the State Government will reserve seats for girls in engineering and medical colleges.
- Chief Minister Nitish Kumar decided to give 33 per cent reservation to girl students in engineering and medical colleges of the state.
- At least one third of the seats in engineering and medical colleges will be reserved for girl students.
- This will increase the number of girl students in the field of engineering and medical areas.
Category Wise Current Affairs