First Published on June 4, 2021 || Last Updated on June 4, 2021 by Prashant Chaturvedi
4 June 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 4 June 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 4 June 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
4 June 2021 Current Affairs includes New Appointments, Awards and Honours, Banking News, Defence News, National News, International News, Sports News, State News and Miscellaneous News.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
4 June 2021 Current Affairs
HDFC Bank plans to become carbon neutral by 2031-32.
- HDFC Bank on 3rd June announced its plans to become carbon-neutral by 2031-32. As part of this initiative, the bank is looking at reducing its emissions, energy, and water consumption.
- It will continue to incorporate and scale up the use of renewable energy in its operations.
Defence ministry signs contract with Mahindra Telephonics for 11 airport surveillance radars.
- The Ministry of Defence on 3rd June signed a contract with Mahindra Telephonics to procure 11 airport surveillance radars for the Indian Navy and the Indian Coast Guard, according to an official statement.
- Installation of these radars will increase the air domain awareness around airfields and enhance safety and efficiency in flying operations of the Navy and the Coast Guard, it noted.
- These 11 monopulse secondary surveillance radars are much more accurate compared to the conventional ones when there are several aircraft in close proximity in a specific area of airspace.
INS Sandhayak to be Decommissioned on 04 Jun 21.
- INS Sandhayak, the first of its class indigenously designed and built Hydrographic Survey Ship of Indian Navy, will be decommissioned on Friday, 04 Jun 21 after serving the nation for 40 years.
- The decommissioning ceremony of INS Sandhayak will be held at Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam.
- Sandhayak was conceptualised by then Chief Hydrographer to the Govt. of India, Rear Adm FL Fraser, AVSM, Padma Shri who had a strong desire for indigenously designed and built hydrographic survey vessels in India.
- The design was finalised by Naval Headquarters and the construction of the ship began at GRSE Kolkata (then Calcutta) by laying the keel in 1978.
- The ship was commissioned to the Indian Navy on 26 Feb 1981 by Vice Adm MK Roy, AVSM then Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Eastern Naval Command(ENC).
World Bicycle Day celebrated across the globe on 3rd June.
- The United Nations declared 3rd June as World Bicycle Day.
- The UN acknowledged the uniqueness, longevity and versatility of the bicycle. It is also an affordable, reliable, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transportation.
NASA announces two new missions to Venus.
- NASA has announced that it is sending two new missions to Venus in order to examine the planet’s atmosphere and geological features. The missions, which have each been awarded $500m in funding, are due to launch between 2028 and 2030.
- The missions would offer the chance to investigate a planet they haven’t been to in more than 30 years.
ADB, India sign agreement to support preparation of road upgradation project in Sikkim.
- The Asian Development Bank and the Government of India on 3rd June signed a $2.5 million project readiness financing (PRF) loan to support project preparation and design activities to upgrade major district roads in Sikkim that will help improve connectivity to important towns, rural areas, and pilgrimage and tourist destinations in the northeastern state.
NITI Aayog Releases SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21.
- The third edition of the SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21 was released by NITI Aayog on 3rd June.
- Since its inaugural launch in 2018, the indexhas been comprehensively documenting and rankingthe progress made by States and Union Territories towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The SDG India Index 2020–21, developed in collaboration with the United Nations in India, tracks progress of all States and UTs on 115 indicators that are aligned to MoSPI’s National Indicator Framework (NIF).
- States and Union Territories are classified as below based on their SDG India Index score:
Top 5 States
Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu (74)
Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Karnataka, Uttarakhand (72)
Bottom 5 States
Chhattisgarh, Nagaland, Odisha (61)
Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh (60)
Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates Indus Best Mega Food Park at Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Food Processing Industries Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on 3rd June virtually inaugurated the Indus Best Mega Food Park at Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- The Mega Food Park will ensure value addition, longer shelf life for farm produce, better price realization for farmers, excellent storage facility and will provide an alternate market for farmers in the region.
- The park will prove to be a big boost to the growth of the food processing sector in the State.
The park has been set up in over 63 acres of land at a project cost of over Rs 145 crore.
- The Government is implementing the Mega Food Park Scheme in the country to give a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with a particular focus on perishables.
Union Minister of State for Agriculture& Farmer’s Welfare Shri Parshottam Rupala launches the Bamboo Market Page on Govt e-Marketplace (GeM) portal.
- The National Bamboo Mission and the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) have been working together for having a dedicated window on the GeM portal for marketing of the Bamboo Goods (Bamboo based products & Quality Planting Materials).
- Resultant to the collaboration, a dedicated window “The Green Gold Collection” for bamboo products was launched by the Union Minister of State for Agriculture Shri Parshottam Rupala during a virtual event on 3rd June, 2021.
- The dedicated window will provide an electronic platform for the small manufacturers and niche sellers thereby vastly increasing their reach to attract buyers and at the same time will provide niche products from trusted sources to the buyers, a win-win situation for both.
Category Wise Current Affairs