First Published on June 5, 2021 || Last Updated on June 5, 2021 by Prashant Chaturvedi
5 June 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 5 June 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 5 June 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
5 June 2021 Current Affairs includes New Appointments, Awards and Honours, Banking News, Defence News, National News, International News, Sports News, State News and Miscellaneous News.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
5 June 2021 Current Affairs
RBI Governor addressed on RBI Monetary Policy 2021.
- The six-member monetary policy committee of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) headed by Governor Shaktikanta Das, has decided to keep key lending rates unchanged for the sixth consecutive time, in its June 2021 policy review meeting held between June 2 to 4, 2021.
- The RBI’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) has decided to continue with an accommodative stance until necessary to mitigate the impact of COVID-19. The next meeting of the MPC is scheduled from August 4 to 6, 2021.
- The Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and bank rates remain unchanged:
Policy Repo Rate: 4.00%
Reverse Repo Rate: 3.35%
Marginal Standing Facility Rate: 4.25%
Bank Rate: 4.25%
Indian Navy’s oldest Hydrographic Survey Ship INS Sandhayak Decommissioned.
- INS Sandhayak, the Indian Navy’s oldest Hydrographic Survey Vessel was decommissioned at Naval Dockyard in Visakhapatnam after serving the nation for 40 glorious years on Friday, 04 Jun 21.
- The decommissioning ceremony of INS Sandhayak will be held at Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam.
- Sandhayak was conceptualised by then Chief Hydrographer to the Govt. of India, Rear Adm FL Fraser, AVSM, Padma Shri who had a strong desire for indigenously designed and built hydrographic survey vessels in India.
- The design was finalised by Naval Headquarters and the construction of the ship began at GRSE Kolkata (then Calcutta) by laying the keel in 1978.
- The ship was commissioned to the Indian Navy on 26 Feb 1981 by Vice Adm MK Roy, AVSM then Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Eastern Naval Command(ENC).
Defence Acquisition Council, headed by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh, approves RFP for construction of six submarines at approx cost of Rs 43,000 crore.
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), in its meeting held under the Chairmanship of Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh on June 04, 2021, has approved proposals concerning Capital Acquisitions of various equipment for modernisation and operational needs of the Armed Forces amounting to approx. Rs 6,000 crore.
- In addition, the DAC also approved issue of RFP for construction of six Conventional Submarines under Project P 75 (I) under the Strategic Partnership (SP) Model. This project envisages indigenous construction of six conventional submarines equipped with the state-of-the-art Air Independent Propulsion system at an estimated cost of Rs 43,000 crore.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression observed every year on 04 June
- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed globally on 4th June every year.
- This day affirms the UN’s commitment to guard the rights of children. This day is to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the planet who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse.
China developed a combined air defence system along LAC.
- China has created a combined air defence system along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The combined air defence system has been developed with the elements of the air force and army of western theatre command.
- For the first time, an integrated army air defence system has been developed by china along the western borders.
Thaawarchand Gehlot virtually launched the SAGE.
- The Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot virtually launched the SAGE (Seniorcare Aging Growth Engine) initiative and SAGE portal for elderly persons on 4th June 2021.
- The SAGE portal will be a “one-stop access” of elderly care products and services by credible start-ups.
- The SAGE portal will be opened for applications from 5th June, 2021 onwards.
- The start-ups will be selected on the basis of innovative products and services, which they should be able to provide across sectors such as health, housing, care centers, apart from technological access linked to finances, food and wealth management, and legal guidance.
Wipro becomes third Indian IT firm to scale Rs 3 trillion market cap.
- Wipro has touched Rs 3 trillion in market capitalisation for the first time, becoming the third Indian IT firm to achieve the milestone after Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys.
- The company won its largest deal ever from German retailer Metro and has seen deal wins of $7.1 billion. India has a total of 13 listed firms that have crossed the Rs 3 trillion m-cap. Wipro now ranks 14th.
- Reliance Industries is India’s most valued company with a market capitalisation of ₹14.05 trillion, followed by Tata Consultancy Services Ltd and HDFC Bank with an m-cap of ₹11.58 trillion and ₹8.33 trillion, respectively.
Mauritius former prime minister Sir Anerood Jugnauth passed away.
- The former Prime Minister and President of the Republic of Mauritius, Sir Anerood Jugnauth passed away.
- He is the country’s longest-serving prime minister with more than 18 years of tenure. He was considered the father of the Mauritian economic miracle of the 1980s.
Category Wise Current Affairs