8 February 2022: Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc. A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2022. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 8 February 2022.
Current Affairs 8 February 2022 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
Current Affairs 8 February 2022
Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit appointed VC of JNU.
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Proffesor Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi for a period of five years.
- She is the first female Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
- She will replace M Jagadesh Kumar, who has been appointed as the chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC).
Shipping services between Bangladesh and Europe flagged off.
- On 7 February 2022, direct shipping service between Bangladesh and Europe flagged off with the container vessel MV Songa Cheetah sailing for Italy from the Chattogram port.
- Chittagong Port Authority (CPA) chairman, Rear Admiral M Shahjahan inaugurated the direct freight service.
- The vessel MV Songa Cheetah left for the port with 98 percent Ready Made Garment (RMG) items and 2 percent handicraft items.
- The container vessel will take 16 days to reach the destination, Earlier it was used to take around 40 days through the transshipment route.
- The products will be delivered to other European nations from the Italian port.
- The direct freight service will also reduce the cost of shipment by close to 40 percent.
Visa-free entry for Indian business travellers to Maldives.
- Maldives government announced Visa Free entry for Indian Business travelers.
- Both the government signed an agreement on the facilitation of Visa arrangements on 17 December 2018.
- From 1 February 2022, it has commenced the process of granting Indian Nationals visa free entry for business purposes, for a period not exceeding the visa free period of 90 days.
- Business visa will be granted for Indian Nationals for a period of 90 days within 6 months.
- Any Indian National with an approved business visa is eligible to renew their visa up to 180 days within a calendar year.
Ashwini Vaishnav inaugurated “Fintech Open”.
- Union Minister for Railways, Communications, and Electronics and IT Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated a three-week-long virtual summit, ‘Fintech Open’ in the presence of NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar.
- Fintech Open organized by NITI Aayog, in collaboration with PhonePe, AWS and EY.
- Fintech Open will bring together regulators, fintech professionals and enthusiasts, industry leaders, the start-up community, and developers to collaborate, exchange ideas and innovate.
- Fintech Open aims to create an immersive learning experience. It has three objectives:
- a) Encourage an open ecosystem across the fintech industry
- b) Foster innovation and growth
- c) Ensure financial inclusion and leverage new models like Account Aggregator to unleash the next wave of fintech innovation.
86.05 lakhs passengers travelled under UDAN Scheme.
- Government informed in Rajya Sabha that 86 lakhs passengers have travelled under the Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik, UDAN till 9 January 2022.
- UDAN is a flagship scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN) scheme was launched on 27 April 2017 for making air travel affordable.
- Out of 948 valid routes, 403 routes involving 65 airports have been operationalised across the country under UDAN.
43 crore 34 lakh PAN linked with AADHAAR.
- 43 crore 34 lakh Permanent Account Numbers have been linked with Aadhaar till January 2022.
- The time-limit for linking all PAN cards with Aadhaar cards is 31st of March, 2022.
- R K Singh launched Powerthon-2022.
Power Minister R K Singh launched Powerthon-2022 virtually.
- Powerthon 2022 is a hackathon competition to find technology-driven solutions to solve the complex problems in power distribution and to ensure quality and reliable power supply.
- The competition will bring together qualified mentors with TSPs, innovators, and other participants from across the nation to create teams that hack for the future and develop solutions that contribute to creating a much more vibrant and efficient electricity network.
Mansukh Mandaviya launched Indradhanush 4.0.
- Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush 4.0 in New Delhi.
- Goal of Indradhanush is to protect children and pregnant women from severe diseases.
- 416 districts across thirty-three states will be covered under the Mission Indradhanush 4.0.
- Under the Mission Indradhanush 4.0, 12 vaccines will be administered to the children.
- The first phase will be from February to April in 12 states and the second phase will be from March to May.
- This mission will be focussed on those districts where the vaccination coverage is comparatively lower.
- Main Objective of Mission Indradhanush is to ensure full immunization for children and pregnant women. Mission Indradhanush was launched in December 2014 as a special drive to expand immunization coverage in the country.
- It is a special drive to ensure full immunization coverage in the country.
Senegal won AFCON football tournament by defeating Egypt.
- Senegal beat Egypt in the final and won the AFCON title.
- Africa Cup of Nations 2022 was the 33rd edition of the Africa Cup of Nations.
- AFCON is the biennial international men’s football championship of Africa.
- AFCON is organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF).
The tournament was hosted by Cameroon and took place from 9 January to 6 February 2022.
Arif Mohammad Khan signed the ordinance.
- Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan has signed the Ordinance to amend the Lok Ayukta Act.
- The Lok Ayukta is the Indian Parliamentary Ombudsman, executed into power, through and for, each of the State Governments of India.
- The Lok Ayukta is appointed by the Governor of the State, through nomination by its Chief Minister.
- Current Lok Ayukta of Kerala is Justice Cyriac Joseph.
Manoj Sinha launched Single Window Clearance System in Jammu.
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched J&K Single Window Clearance System – www.singlewindow.jk.gov.in
- The J&K Single Window Clearance System is a historic move by the UT Government to facilitate investments in J&K.
- As many as 130 industrial services have been made online on a single window system and more than 160 services would be integrated this year.
- J&K is the first UT to be integrated with the National Single Window System.
- Now global investors can apply for all their business approvals in J&K through the National Single Window system.
Also Read : English News Headlines
Also Read : English Current Affairs Quiz
Also Read: Latest Govt. Jobs Updates
यह भी पढ़ें : सरकारी नौकरी अपडेट
यह भी पढ़ें : हिंदी न्यूज़ हेडलाइंस
यह भी पढ़ें : हिंदी करंट अफेयर्स क्विज
Dear friends, hope you liked today’s News Headlines 8 February 2022, if you like our current affairs then do not forget to share it with your friends, so that more and more children can be helped. Click on the link given above to read about different category of Current Affairs. Jai Hindi, Jai Bharat .
Category Wise Current Affairs