9 June 2021 Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs plays an important role in every competitive exams like Banking, SSC, Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Technical Exams AAI, DRDO, FSSAI, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
A student can score full marks in current affairs if he/she is well versed with latest current affairs 2021. Here in this article we are sharing Current Affairs 9 June 2021 PDF.
Current Affairs 9 June 2021 is very useful for various competitive exams. We collect news from various sources i.e. AIR News, PIB News, Samachar, Editorial, ANI, Wion News, Financial Express, The Hindu, Economic Times, Business Standard, etc.
9 June 2021 Current Affairs includes New Appointments, Awards and Honours, Banking News, Defence News, National News, International News, Sports News, State News and Miscellaneous News.
Also Read: Study Materials
Also Read: Latest Job Notifications
Also Read: Current Affairs
Also Read: Static GK
Also Read: Important Articles
9 June 2021 Current Affairs
Maldivian minister Abdullah Shahid elected President of 76th UNGA.
- Maldivian foreign minister, Abdullah Shahid was elected President of the 76th United Nations General Assembly (PGA) with an overwhelming majority.
- He garnered 143 votes in favour with 48 against – that gave him victory by a three-fourths majority.
Sanjeev Sahai appointed as new chairman of oil regulator PNGRB.
- Senior administrator and former power secretary, Sanjeev Nandan Sahai is set to take over as next chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB).
- A search committee headed by V K Saraswat, Member (S&T), NITI Aayog, cleared the name of Sahai.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board is a statutory body in India.
- Sanjiv Nandan Sahai is a 1986 batch IAS officer of the Arunachal Pradesh-Goa- Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre.
Hitendra Dave appointed as HSBC India CEO.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. (HSBC) announced the appointment of Hitendra Dave as Chief Executive Officer of HSBC India subject to receipt of regulatory approval.
- He has been appointed as interim Chief Executive Officer effective June 7, 2021. Dave succeeds Surendra Rosha who will be moving to Hong Kong as the co-chief executive of HSBC Asia-Pacific.
NITI Aayog recommends privatisation of Central Bank, Indian Overseas Bank.
- NITI Aayog has recommended divesting government stake in the Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) as part of the privatisation initiative announced in the Union Budget.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, in her Budget speech, had announced privatising two public sector banks (PSBs) and one general insurance company in 2021-22.
US to hand over three MH-60 ‘Romeo’ multi-role choppers to India.
- The Indian Navy is set to receive its first set of multi-role helicopters as America is set to hand over three MH-60 Romeo helicopters to the force in the United States in July.
- The first batch of Indian pilots has also reached the US for training on the helicopters which would be arriving in India next year in July.
- India and the US had signed over-Rs 16,000 crore deal to buy 24 MH-60 Romeo helicopters from Lockheed Martin in 2020 under fast track procedures on a government-to-government deal to hasten the process.
- The 24 MH-60 Romeos would be equipped with multi-mode radars and night-vision devices as well as armed with Hellfire missiles, torpedoes and precision-guided weaponry.
World Oceans Day observed every year on 8th June.
- World Ocean Day is observed globally on 8th June every year.
- This day is observed to raise global awareness about the importance of the ocean in our lives and the ways through which we can protect it.
- World Oceans Day 2021 theme is The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods.
United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration: 2021-2030
- The United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration has been officially launched, which will run from 2021 to 2030.
- United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration will be co-led by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO). It was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in a 2019 resolution.
CESL and Ladakh sign an MoU to make the Union Territory carbon neutral.
- Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under Ministry of Power has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Administration of Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh, to make it a clean and green UT.
- Under the MoU, various clean energy and energy efficiency programmes will be implemented.
- Beginning with a pilot in the Zanskar valley area, CESL will take up solar mini and micro grid solutions, energy efficient lighting, energy storage-based solutions, efficient cooking stoves and electric mobility solutions in the UT.
NITI Aayog & Piramal Foundation Launch Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan.
- NITI Aayog and Piramal Foundation on 8th June 2021 launched Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaanin 112 Aspirational Districts to assist district administrations in providing home-care support to Covid-19 patients who are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.
- The Abhiyaan is being part of a special initiative, Aspirational Districts Collaborative,in which local leaders, civil societies and volunteers work with district administrations to address emerging problems across key focus areas of the Aspirational Districts Programme.
- Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaanwill be led by district magistrates in partnership with over 1000 local NGOs, which will enlist and train over 1 lakh volunteers to connect with patients through inbound/outboundcalls.
- Piramal Foundation will work withdistrict magistrates to support the training of NGOs and volunteers.
Assam govt names Raimona reserve forest sixth national park.
- Raimona in Kokrajhar district has become Assam’s sixth national park. The 422 sq ft wildlife habitat in Kokrajhar district adjoins the western-most buffer to Manas Tiger Reserve.
- The five national parks that existed prior to the 422 sq. km Raimona are Kaziranga, Manas, Nameri, Orang and Dibru-Saikhowa.
- The Pekua river defines Raimona’s southern boundary.
- Raimona is an integral part of the 2,837 sq. km Manas Biosphere Reserve and the Chirang-Ripu Elephant Reserve.
Category Wise Current Affairs