FSSAI Syllabus PDF : The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) conducts exam for Central Food Safety Officer, Drug Inspector, Technical Officer, Assistant and various post. The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) released Advertisement No. 02/2019 for various posts on 26 March 2019. Exam were held on 24 July to 26 July 2019. Result were declared on 15 November 2019.
Total Number of Posts were 275. 130 posts for Technical Officer, 37 posts for Central Food Safety Officer, 34 posts for Assistant, 25 posts for Personal Assistant etc. The posts are as follows.
- Assistant Director :- (5 Posts)
- Assistant Director (Technical):- (15 Posts)
- Technical Officer:- (130 Posts)
- Central Food Safety Officer:- (37 Posts)
- Administrative Officer:- (2 Posts)
- Assistant:- (34 Posts)
- Junior Assistant Grade-I:- (7 Posts)
- Hindi Translator:- (2 Posts)
- Personal Assistant:- (25 Posts)
- Assistant Manager (IT):- (5 Posts)
- IT Assistant:- (3 Posts)
- Deputy Manager:- (6 Posts)
- Assistant Manager:- (4 Posts)
In this post we are providing FSSAI Syllabus for Prelims Exam as well as Mains Exam (Written Exam). FSSAI Syllabus for Central Food Safety Officer and Technical Officer
FSSAI Syllabus for Prelims Exam
Chapter 1: Indian and International Food Laws (An Overview)
- FSSAI Act Provision, definitions and different sections of the Act and implementation.
- FSS Rules and Regulations
- Overview of other relevant national bodies (e.g. APEDA, BIS, EIC, MPEDA, Spice Board etc.)
- International Food Control Systems or Laws, Regulations and Standards or Guidelines with regard to Food Safety – Overview of CODEX Alimentarius Commission (History, Members, Standard setting and Advisory mechanisms as JECFA, JEMRA JMPR), WTO agreements (SPS or TBT)
- Important national and international accreditation bodies
Chapter 2: FSSAI – Role, Functions, Initiatives ( A General Understanding)
- Genesis and Evolution of FSSAI
- Structure and Functions of Food Authority
- Systems overview and processes in standards, enforcement, laboratory ecosystem, imports, third party audit
- Eat Right India, Food Fortification, SNF, Clean Street Food Hub, RUCO and various other social and behavioral change initiatives, promoting safe and whole some food
- Training and capacity building
- Role of State Food Authorities
Chapter 3: Principles of Food Preservation, Processing and Packaging
- Food Processing Operations, Principles, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Food preservation methods and their underlying principles including novel and emerging methods or principles
- Food packaging methods and principles including novel packaging materials or techniques
Chapter 4: Principles and Basics of Food Chemistry and their role in Human Nutrition
- Structure and functions of macro-and micro nutrients
- Role of macro and micronutrients in human nutrition
- Food additives with respect to their technological functions
- Anti-nutritional factors and their removal from foods
- Enzymes as food processing aids
- Nutraceuticals and functions foods
- Food contaminants and adulterants and their effects on human health
- Food allergens and allergen city
- Diet importance in alleviating health risks, especially non-communicable diseases
Chapter 5: Food Microbiology & General principles of Food Hygiene
- Food microbiology and overview of food borne pathogens
- Microorganisms sources in food chain (raw materials, water, air, equipment etc.) and microbiological quality of foods
- Microbial food spoilage and Food borne diseases
- Principles and techniques in microbiological examination of foods
- Microorganisms advantage and their role in food processing and human nutrition
- FSMS including traceability and recall, sanitation, HACCP, Good production and processing practices.
Chapter 6: General concepts of Food Analysis and Testing
- Field level fundamentals and laboratory sampling with reference to importance of statistical tools.
- Basic or classical methods of food analysis
- Modern analytical techniques including mass spectrometry and molecular techniques.
- Quality assurance and control with reference to food analysis and testing.
FSSAI Syllabus for Mains Exam
Chapter: 1- Food Quality
Food Surveillance, Food Recall, Quality control of food at all stages processing, Safety issues in food packaging materials, GMP Auditing and inspections, Sampling from a lot or process line, Non-destructive food quality evaluation methods.
Chapter: 2- Food Safety Eco System in India
Food Safety and Standards Act, The Food Safety and Standards Regulations (FSSR) 2011, Licensing and Registration, Schedule 4 requirements, Recent advances in Packaging and Labelling Requirements, Regulations related to Nutraceuticals and Foods for Special Dietary Uses, Provisions on Organic Food and Non-Specified Food or Food Ingredients, Central Advisory committee and scientific Committee/ panels, Food Import Clearance system, Notified labs and adjudications, Eat Right, FoSTaC, Food Fortification, DART, Clean Street Food, BHOG, Food Safety on Wheels, Food Smart Consumer, Codex, Diet for Life
Chapter: 3- Food Science and Nutrition
Food hazard, water and sanitation, GHP, GAP, HACCP, food allergies, Food Adulteration, Food Nutrition and Food Consciousness, Supplementation, Fortification, Biofortification, Poor diet and consequences, stunting, wasting and anaemia, Life style diseases, Food testing and rapid detection methods.
Chapter: 4- Food Processing and Preservation
Basic principles and methods of Food Preservation, Heat processing, pasteurization, canning, dehydration, freezing, freeze drying, fermentation, microwave, irradiation and chemical additives. Refrigerated and modified atmosphere storage. Aseptic Preservation, hurdle technology, alternate thermal technologies and non thermal processing, New or Novel food additives and preservatives. Safety issues of processed foods available in market.
After reading FSSAI Syllabus Aspirant can go with our FSSAI study material.
Connect with me over Social Media Network